View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 10, 2003, 02:12am
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb It was a lot easier for me.

I only moved from one part of Illinois to another part of Illinois. I do not consider my move to be the same. And in Illinois belonging to Official's Associations are formalities. You work only for assignors, not the association. The state gives out our playoffs, not one orgainization that had direct interest in who gets the games or not or assigning friends or people that they like. Associations are training organizations and a couple of organizations had lawyers rewrite their constitutions to reflect just that. Honestly I do not know what I would do if one person had my career in their hands. I mean there are people that cannot invite a coach to their associations meetings without controversy.

But around here we do have officials that come from other states. Each assignor is different in how they handle that, but if you have proof of previous experience, many assignors might give you some games to prove yourself. That is what happen to me. I went to about 5 or 6 camps my first full year working up here (sorry mick ) and try to sell my abilities as much as I could and what I had accomplished before I moved up there. But I had proof of my years of experience, but my ability was harder to prove. But I recieved varsity my first year being here, but an association had no direct affect on me getting that. But I feel your pain and understand your frustration. But I am not the perfect person to help you completely understand what to do in your area. All I did was make phone calls and talk to officials around me to figure out the system, and worked it to the best of my ability. It worked out for me, but might not work out for others. Just work hard, I am sure some things will turn around.

Peace