View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 10, 2003, 01:34am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge

Not to suggest that you could not have done a good job, but if anything screwy would have taken place, they would have blamed your experience level.

Peace
Just to give you a bit of info on me, I worked for five seasons back east before moving out here. Since you have written that you moved and had to break in with a new association/assignors yourself, I thought I'd ask your advice on this.
I have felt very frustrated, since I did many games back east and now have to go back to the bottom of the totem pole with these guys. Many of whom I don't believe are quality officials. It has been made clear to me that years in Nevada are far more important than total years of experience. For example, a fourth year and a third year official out here worked playoff games and neither of them has ever worked anywhere else. I am not alone in this situation either. A few CA transfers who have good experience and a UT guy that I think is excellent sat on the side and watched those with more years in the local association, too.
And to be fair, I'll admit that because I did not get any play-off games this past season, that definitely has something to do with how I now feel about what I think was the mishandling of the testing/eligibility back in the beginning.