Thread: Griner Dunk
View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 25, 2012, 01:53pm
Esteemed Forum Member

I'm Glad That I Have Two Hands ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Zebra View Post
What part of the act is unsporting?
Agree. Absolutely nothing unsporting here.

The real question is did she grasp the ring to prevent an injury to herself, or to another player, all legal, or did she grasp it for some other illegal reason.

If this were a male player in my high school game (we don't have female high school players who can dunk here in my little corner of Connecticut), I would probably not have charged him (or her) with a technical foul. On the other hand, the grasp seems to last a fraction of a second longer than most that I see, so I would never criticize any who would charge a technical foul. On the other hand, there really isn't any attempt at a "chin up", so I'm back to my original "good no call".

How's that for "fence sitting"? Is it too late for me to run for President? Romney, Santorum, Obama, or BillyMac in 2012? A chicken in every pot and a ball in every basket. Tippecanoe and BillyMac too. Read my lips. No new high school rules. Fifty-four forty is better than overtime.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Mar 25, 2012 at 02:08pm.