View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 09, 2003, 03:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Thanks for that Justa, but if I believe them when they say we done good & I gotta believe them when they say we suck.
Depends on the announcers. Some know what they are talking about, and they actually may have it right when they say the refs aren't doing a good job. Others (we all know some of them ) just start their critiques from the opening jump. For those announcers that never see a ref that does a good job, you just shut them down. They aren't evaluating, they are taking pot shots at every opportunity to sound like they are better than the people assigned to work the game.

People that actually evaluate before making such comments are worth listening to, even if you might not share their opinion. And you should appreciate that they give officials credit for handling a game well. And I had to agree with the assessment of the final , it was well-refereed.

By the way, I saw one commentary that referred to Taurasi getting the star level calls. I didn't see any evidence of that myself - any takers on this one?