View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 07, 2000, 09:10am
Official Forum Member

I admire Warren for trying to find some saving grace in Pete's scenario, but this time, I'm afraid my friend from the Empire State has just mangled the call. Kicked the play. Screwed the pooch. Locked the barn door after....

Not to worry, Pete. It happens to us all.

My advice: Call it the way the PROs do. Come next week, we'll know what the PBUC does. That, as they, say, will be that!

Thanks Papa C and Warren for your patience. Papa C your right I'm hung-up on the first rule of base running that states you must TOUCH the base. At this point I just cannot comprehend what you and Warrem are telling me.

Heck when I was in college it took me a while to understand Calculus and even then I really didn't understand all of it but did what I had to to pass the coarse.

I will step back and if that's the way it is that's the way it is and I will rule accordingly. For all practical purposes, this play will hardly if ever happen in a game.

I didn't mean to bring this argument over here, but you must admit the Board has been rather silent over the last few weeks. I realize, we should't Post just to Post, but I think it was good dialogue and I learned something even though I was pig headed in my arguments.

Ok lets see how I can get myself in trouble the next time.

Again thanks to you and Warren for taking time to explain the situation.

Pete Booth