Thread: Balk Call
View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 15, 2012, 01:43pm
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankmjg24 View Post
I do not know how the conversation went between the coach and the head umpire. I kind of get the feeling though from the conversation that I had with the head umpire that he very well might have tossed me under the bus though hopefully he did not. One thing that I have noticed is that he is very talkative with the coaches and knows most of them. I think there is nothing wrong with this as long as you still do your job the way you are supposed to as most of them have coached for awhile and he has been umpiring through that entire time. In regards to the coaches I think that they complain a little too much in general. From the games I have officiated and some that I have watched it seems that they want to argue everything. I am hoping that I can make it an entire season without one being an idiot and me having to eject them.
Shut the complaining down with a good firm directive. It doesn't have to be over the top, but if it persists, pull the trigger, and have no regrets. If your UIC doesn't have your back, it doesn't matter what you do, or say to begin with.