View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 11, 2012, 11:34am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahoopref View Post
I'd be incline to side with you if there was a secondary defender entering the L's area. Can you tell me if there is one?

From what I see from the clip, the T has a "closed look" when the contact happens while the L has the best view with an "open look." If I'm the T, I'm gonna trust the L has the correct position to make the right decision. If I come in with a whistle after the no-call, chances are from my view as the T that I'd be guessing since the defender was moving backward playing defense before the contact happens.
I cannot tell you that. If the T look is closed all he have to do is move his feet to maintain a positive look by stepping down towards the endline.

The L could also be thinking. I trust my T to stay with the play until the status change because it came from his area understanding the SDF concept.

For me, I stay with the play until the status change when it starts in my primary. I will also explain if questioned. The one thing I will not due is say a the L better "Man up" explain it.