View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 10, 2012, 12:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoDad View Post
Runners on 2nd and 3rd and the batter hits the ball foul and I heard something weird and the umpire called Catcher Interference and placed the batter on first.

This was a Little League Baseball game and I believe they play by MLB rules(with modifications) Right?
Yes, LL uses OBR as the base for its rules.

Quote:
I remember a HS Umpire advancing all runners on Catcher Interference play very similar to this. Do they have a different rule in HS? It is possible that i am remembering a Softball game(of course, they may have different rules, as well) But, I am pretty sure it was a HS Baseball game.
While FED does use different rules, this one is the same. On CI, there is the option to take the play or the penalty. The penalty is that the batter is awarded first, and any runners advance if forced. In addition, any runner stealing on the pitch is awarded a base. Also, if R3 is attempting a steal of home, a balk is also enforced and ALL runners advance.

Quote:
PS Do all LL Umpires call balls 2 inches off the ground strikes, or is it just here? LOL
When you consider the diameter of the ball and the height of a batter, a pitch two inches off the ground very well could be a strike.