View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 09, 2012, 02:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
In two days, I'll have a boys HS rec game in our local kids rec league. Apparently, these are two teams who don't get along with each other very well, plus we've had problems with both of them vs. other teams, too. The referee assignor decided to assign the game to me, since they know I would be the one to "handle" any problems and keep the peace, as I was informed. This is their final game of the season, and some of the boys are seniors meaning this is their final game for us totally, so I guess the league thinks they might figure the boys have "nothing to lose" by acting as rough as they want.

My partner for the game is a local HS teacher who has some of the kids in his classes. I guess the league thought the kids would be well behaved or else he would flunk them in school.

I had one of these teams earlier in the season and I think I issued about 4 Ts to them, plus one to the AC.

Situations like this are why we get the big bucks.
Truant officer eh? Were any of them absent from the game without permission and if so how did you penalize it?