View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 29, 2012, 07:39am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsqUmp View Post
Sorry for trying to limit some conversation to only relevant commentary so that we don't have a 4 page thread with only one page that actually addresses the question.

Last I checked, we don't have rule books for parents, coaches, umpires, etc. We just have rule books. So I don't know how asking or answer this question makes and difference and can only serve to clog the thread and let other posters go off on irrelevant tangents.
Easy: parents and coaches don't always speak the same language as umpires. If we start talking about a batter "actively hindering" they're going to start thinking "intentionally hindering." Think about it: how many times have you had a coach or parent ask you to call interference on the defense?

But more importantly, this is a forum. A forum where we have discussions. You, a relatively new poster, telling regular contributors to "be quiet" is inappropriate.

I will make this abundantly clear. When I open my own forum in the coming week or so, those kinds of comments will be off-limits.

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.