View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 25, 2012, 01:03pm
Huck Finn

Upate: I had my last game - a 3A boys semi - yesterday. I think I wore my whistle out with all the fouls I called. Nevada's final was close...if you call a game that was a 40 point blow out at 6:45 of the third quarter close!

We have a mercy rule in Nevada (the state): the clock runs for the remainder of the game if the lead ever gets to 40 points in the second half. Apparently, the rule doesn't apply to the championship games. The head guy told one of the officials that he was using his executive power and they could run the clock if both coaches agreed. The coach losing didn't agree (scratching my head). The lead was up to 50 at times.

The team that won it has the number one player in the country, Shabazz Muhammad. Someone told me he finished with 51! He did all the dunks in his arsenal (360 included) and hit some three-pointers. The winning team starts three players 6'8" or taller - Shabazz is around 6'6" and really plays off guard. It was kind of silly.