View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 25, 2012, 06:54am
Esteemed Forum Member

Leg Sleeves, The Latest Fashion Craze ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by refiator View Post
Leg sleeves are illegal if they fall below the pants and are not a "single solid color similar to the predominant color of the pants" .
They are? Are you sure partner?

3-5-3: Arm compression sleeves shall:
a. Be white, black, beige or a single solid school color.
b. Be the same color for each team member.
d. Be worn for medical reasons.

3-5-7: Compression shorts/tights shall be a single solid color similar to
the predominant color of the pants/skirt; the length shall be above the knee.
Undergarments shall not extend below the pants/skirt.

Leg sleeves are not arm compression sleeves. Leg sleeves are not tights. Leg sleeves are not compression shorts. Leg sleeves are not undergarments.

Leg sleeves are legal. No length restrictions. No color restrictions.

Had a top notch, veteran, buddy of mine note "tights" in the layup line last week. Told the player that "tights" were illegal. Player responded that they weren't tights, but were leg sleeves.

If the NFHS addresses this latest fashion statement, I hope they do so by dropping all restrictions from the bottom of the uniform shorts to the soles of the shoes. I don't want kids playing with underwear sticking out of the bottom of their uniform shorts, but, on the flip side, I don't want to be the guy deciding the difference between undergarments, compression shorts, tights, or leg sleeves.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)