Thread: Flop
View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 23, 2012, 02:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
What do you think then is the purpose of the phrase in the ruling 10.6.1 C ruling:

"However, if B1 moves into the path of A1 after A1 has left the floor, the foul is on B1."

And if moving INTO the path is irrelevant, why did they explicitly include it as one of the two requirements for this to be a foul on B1? If their intent was to penalize B1 for changing positions at all while A1 is airborne, wouldn't they have written it as

"However, if B1 changes position after A1 has left the floor, the foul is on B1."

10.6.1 A does reference the exact rule but it never specifically says that any movement to a new position by B1 is a foul on B1. In fact, it is explaining what is a foul on A1. Hence why I said 10.6.1 C is more specific and more applicable to this now pulverized equine masquerading as a play.
I agree the wording may not fully satisfy either one of us, but at least 10.6.1 Sit A uses the same wording as the rule - "moves to a new spot while A1 is airborne". The wording 10.6.1(c) means the same thing - moving into the path is the same as moving from one spot to another - while the wording in 10.6.1 Sit A cannot always be the same - moving from one spot to another is not always the same as moving into the path.

I agree, it may be time to bury the poor equine.

(Used with permission.)