Old Thu Feb 23, 2012, 11:47am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsqrddgd909 View Post
I'm assuming you're in Minnesota?

It's not something we as officials adjudicate but from the website:

"2011-12 Girls' Basketball

Player Participation Limit:
Daily Limit: No more than three (3) halves in one day. Exceptions listed in Bylaw 502
Season Limitation: No more halves than three (3) times the number of games scheduled."

Welcome to the Minnesota State High School League

Penalty
If there is a violation of the player limitations, a full report of the incident must be made to the League Office by the school officials of the school violating the rule. The Board of Directors will determine the responsibility and penalize the responsible school official or officials. The game must be automatically forfeited.
Bylaw 502
He could be in WI, since UW-River Falls is in WI close to MSP.

In Wisconsin, the limit is 4 quarters unless the school has a 5th quarter waiver from the WIAA. Those are small schools that have low enrollments below a certain threshold who have applied for and received a waiver (this is so teams can field JV squads in many cases).

Officials have no jurisdiction and I choose not to even bother knowing the details of the rule (other than the basics that I listed above) nor the penalty for violating it. That's between the coaches, administrators, and the state office.