View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 22, 2012, 04:09pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Veterans Versus Old Veterans ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence View Post
A1 dunks on a breakaway. Momentum causes his body legs fly out ahead of him while dunking. No defender right under him. Do we allow him to hang on the rim to get his balance?
Twenty years ago, I believe that the answer would have been, "No, we do not allow him to hang on the rim because there is no other player right under him, thus, charge a technical foul".

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
Billy, you forgot to include the bolded part of Spence's post which speaks to player safety. Like I said before, just b/c he's asking about this play doesn't mean there is a myth. Maybe he's wondering if "safety" includes "getting his balance"?
Fast forward to today. Now the answer is, "Yes. We do allow him to hang on the rim because it's legal to hang on the ring if a player is avoiding an injury to himself, or herself, or another player, thus, no technical foul is charged."

Where are Spence, and Mark T. DeNucci, Sr., when you need them? Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. is always underfoot, bothering us, until we really need him, and then, he's taking a nap somewhere.

Now, where are my car keys? I have a game tonight.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Feb 23, 2012 at 06:04pm.