View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 20, 2012, 02:11pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Ribbons ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
I believe the intent of the rule is that a ribbon with bows is not to be a hair control device.
If that was the intent of the NFHS, then why rule that "cloth ... bands may be used to control hair". Let's see. Fifteen down. Cloth band used to control hair. Six letters. Starts with "R". Ends with "N". Any crossword puzzle experts out there in "Forum Land" want to help out Welpe?

Also, if they have to tie it with a knot, then why not a bow? Got a better knot to suggest? Maybe a Flemish Flake Spiral Coil knot?

Welpe. Please note: I do agree with you that it's illegal if a hair ribbon is used solely as a decoration. I'm "pushing" the limits of this thread because I don't want rookie officials thinking that hair ribbons are "always" illegal. I am not trying to be obnoxious. I'll leave that up to a few other esteemed Forum members. That's right. You guys know who you are. It's not a secret. Want to fight about it?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Feb 20, 2012 at 05:53pm.