Thread: Keeping Warm
View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 20, 2012, 08:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPatrino View Post
This is my first season in the great Northwest. So far, the temp's have never been over 50, and that is not what this California guy is used to. Normally, I have to worry about keeping cool! First on field experience was not very pleasant, I forgot my gloves and only had a regular tee shirt under my pull over. I also wore work (dress) socks, having gone directly from work. So, I felt like an ice cube.

So, having 'learned' from this experience, I purchased an Under Armor cold weather undershirt and some nice socks. It was a bit better, but the wind was bitter cold and I was still shivering. I noticed that some of the others wore Majestic heavy pull overs. Does anyone else have them? What else can I do to keep comfortable and not be immobile ?
Get yourself a neck warmer. I wear mine under a mock turtleneck. It will make more of a difference than any single piece of cold gear. A lot of heat can escape around your neck and this will cut that down considerably. On really brutal days, I can pull it up over my ears (between innings of course).

Occasionally I will get a snide comment from a coach, and my response is always: "No, you can't borrow it."