Thread: Keeping Warm
View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 19, 2012, 06:08pm
Do not give a damn!!

A lot of what makes you warm is personal and will vary based on your body style and cold tolerance. I usually have things underneath that do the trick, and sometimes layers works as well when you are working the plate or on the bases. Yes, you can get cold behind the plate if you do not have the right things underneath. I would rather be a little warm than a little cold any day. I would put a little more on at first and then see if you can tolerate being warm. I also think wearing gloves helps as well. You can always take them off at some point. I have a plate coat I wear early in the season and turtlenecks to wear under both plate gear or base coat. Also no one can tell you ultimately what is OK as long as it cannot be seen. I have had guys try to make jokes of what I have on but then they complain later how cold they were. A lot also depends on what time of day you are working games and what the wind is doing. It can be 50 degree but the wind chill can make it feel 30. Being on the bases you are obviously less mobile for most of the game so you need to be more warm there than on the plate.

Peace