Thread: Keeping Warm
View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 19, 2012, 04:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPatrino View Post
This is my first season in the great Northwest. So far, the temp's have never been over 50, and that is not what this California guy is used to. Normally, I have to worry about keeping cool! First on field experience was not very pleasant, I forgot my gloves and only had a regular tee shirt under my pull over. I also wore work (dress) socks, having gone directly from work. So, I felt like an ice cube.

So, having 'learned' from this experience, I purchased an Under Armor cold weather undershirt and some nice socks. It was a bit better, but the wind was bitter cold and I was still shivering. I noticed that some of the others wore Majestic heavy pull overs. Does anyone else have them? What else can I do to keep comfortable and not be immobile ?
I assume you are talking about working the bases. I've done games in snow before and I've never been cold behind the dish. On the bases I always wore a sweat wicking shirt and sweatshirt under a heavy jacket. This normally did the trick. I also tried to run around in between innings to stay warm. Just standing in A is by far the worst.