View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 19, 2012, 10:31am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twocentsworth View Post
- BAD call.
- Yes, it's the 2nd one we've seen this season in the last minute of a game.
- The officials were assigned by the Big West Conf. for this game (ALL Bracket Buster games have the officials assigned by the visiting conf.).
- That previous, incorrectly called play was shown to ALL D1 (and others belonging to the NCAA's officiating website) via a video bulletin.
- I imagine we'll see this play in the next video bulletin sent out by John Adams.
- I would think that if any discipline is handed out, it would be only be to the calling official and NOT the entire crew.
Twocents, you have a point regarding the calling official but I think the C could catch some heat as well since he's supposed to stay even with the ball up court unless there are very few (2 or 3) players in the backcourt. It would've looked odd if he told his partner it wasn't a violation but it also would've kept them out of the (post-game) soup. Again, JMO.

Btw - I seem to be in a back and forth with analyst Stephen Bardo about this on Twitter.

Me: FYI - Play in the last min of LBSU/Creig wasn't b'court. Both feet & ball of dribbler have to be in f'court first.
SB: I'm amazed at guys like u that seem to watch games and CAN'T wait to point out the negative. Thanks for watching
Me: Not trying to be negative. I've been a basketball official for 20+ yrs. Just trying to educate.
SB: u said that the last time u wanted to educate
Me: Thanks. When b'casters - I also work in TV - misinterpret rules it filters down to me on the court. Knowledge helps us all.