Thread: Fan comment
View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 16, 2012, 05:10pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
Once again, where do you get this thing that the official is more concerned with the fan than the game? You seem to have some very different and weird thoughts on this issue than the vast majority of all officials yet you assume everyone thinks like you.

You are entirely way way too concerned about what some nut in the stands who is swearing at you, calling you a racist whatever is going to think if you kick him out. I would guess that no one else on this forum cares about that at all. They are not at all concerned with this idiot. You are the one who is trying to play some crazy mind game with the idiot. You are the one who is too concerned with making sure that this guy doesn't get a reward; remember that this reward is just something that you made up in your head to go along with the mind game that you are playing with him and that you think he is playing with you. You have no idea if this guy even thinks getting kicked out is a reward, you just made that part up in your head. Basically you've demonstrated that you are entirely too concerned with this guy. Other officials would just have the guy taken out, you have this whole big thing that you have to go through in your head to make sure that this guy doesn't win some game you made up.

You really think that the reason that officials kick someone out is because they want to show the guy how much authority they have? You seem to be very out of touch with the entire issue.
If I hear it and know who said it, I'll direct GM to have the knucklehead removed. If I hear it and don't know who said it, I'll direct GM to address the issue however they see fit. If it happens a second time (after I talk to GM), I'll consider removing an entire section.

ISTM that ignoring the behavior is doing exactly what MTD is afraid of, rewarding it. I don't hear much from the stands anymore (although doing more MS this year, I've heard more than I care to admit), but racial stuff would stand out enough for me to take care of it pretty quickly.

Whether the fan thinks he's gotten into my head or not is not my concern; getting his arse out of my gym, however, is my concern.