Thread: Fan comment
View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 16, 2012, 05:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
Cobra:

Read my Post (#30) above. Unless it the Spectator's actions involve one of the three items (see my Post #24) then ignore them. When you stop the game for any thing other than the items I have outlined in Post #24, you are rewarding them by the fact they now know you are more concerned about them than doing your job on the court. When you "eject" a fan for anything other than the items I have outlined they get the satisfaction of saying: "A hey look at me, the ref is so lousy that he had to throw me out of the game."

An official is in a lose-lose situation when he thinks that I will show than fan how much authority I have.

MTD, Sr.
Once again, where do you get this thing that the official is more concerned with the fan than the game? You seem to have some very different and weird thoughts on this issue than the vast majority of all officials yet you assume everyone thinks like you.

You are entirely way way too concerned about what some nut in the stands who is swearing at you, calling you a racist whatever is going to think if you kick him out. I would guess that no one else on this forum cares about that at all. They are not at all concerned with this idiot. You are the one who is trying to play some crazy mind game with the idiot. You are the one who is too concerned with making sure that this guy doesn't get a reward; remember that this reward is just something that you made up in your head to go along with the mind game that you are playing with him and that you think he is playing with you. You have no idea if this guy even thinks getting kicked out is a reward, you just made that part up in your head. Basically you've demonstrated that you are entirely too concerned with this guy. Other officials would just have the guy taken out, you have this whole big thing that you have to go through in your head to make sure that this guy doesn't win some game you made up.

You really think that the reason that officials kick someone out is because they want to show the guy how much authority they have? You seem to be very out of touch with the entire issue.