View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 14, 2012, 12:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tref View Post
Did you have representation from both teams at the table?
There was representation from both teams, but I didn't have the conversation with the table. My R had the conversation.

As many of you probably assumed or figured out, I'm the L in this video.

I suspected the ball went in from the reaction of the crowd, the sound of the net, the movement of the net. But I couldn't be positive because my "focus" was on the big man.

When my C and T started running the other way as if the ball had not entered the basket, I figured they had a much better view and I trusted that the ball had not gone in.

The coach asked me if we were going to count that as a "3". He did not ask me if he ball went in. I told him "Give us one sec coach, I had a blocked view coach, but we will figure it out." whistle, foul, we start to talk.

I approach the C and he says to me, "I don't know if it went in." I say, okay let me check with the (old) T.

The T says to me, "I think it went in." I say okay, you're the only one who thinks anything, so let's go with that. He went to the scorer's table to count the basket and that's when the C started his whole display about how the ball didn't go in.

At this point, I'm on the sideline thinking "My partner just left us no recourse." He waived off the basket that he wasn't sure went in or didn't.

It was frustrating.