View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 12, 2012, 02:38pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap View Post
I try to look over when I anticipate that a request might be made. But, if I am trail tableside and am refereeing a tight matchup in the forecourt by Team A's bench, I may not recognize that coach B is requesting a timeout. Your point is well taken. As a player, I had to request a timeout if my coach wanted one. Players recognize their coaches' voices from getting yelled at in practice. A coach getting worked up at us because we do not hear him or see him right away because we are focused on the players does not need to happen. Shifting the responsibility to his players would diffuse those moments. At least, for us!
I have had about 3 incidents this year over this. One coach accused me of "refusing to grant the time out." Not the fact that he barely raised his voice and the other fact that he was sitting down (as a result of a uniform T BTW). But somehow it was my fault that he talked very low in a loud gym. Granted I was standing next to him, but did not hear his words or know he wanted a timeout at all. I had another guy get upset when his player was in trouble and could not understand why we did not grant a timeout when no possession by his player was clear. Coaches are too stupid to inform their players to ask for the request when the coaches yells. We are not paying attention to them and to put that burden on us is silly. This is why if coaches read anything that we did they would do a better job to get our attention or get over it when we do not hear their request.

Peace