View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 10, 2012, 02:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
Sometimes there's nothing you can do, but I wonder if dealing with this earlier (not a T, but at least an informal "warning") might have helped?
That's what I was thinking. We've all had nights where we've let a coach chew on our ear a little too much. Maybe if he gets warned/banged in the first half, the stuff in the second half doesn't happen. Then again, maybe it does. Who knows?

I'm in this 20+ years and last season I had a game which went out of control without warning. It's a rivalry game in the town where it took place but the home team truly wasn't in the class of the visitor (which was #15 in the state at the time).

The game is 40-10 V at halftime and we haven't heard a word from either team. In the 3rd quarter the home team begins complaining about 3 seconds...a lot. I eventually give H's head coach a warning, at which point he mentions a warning/T I'd called on him ten days earlier (btw - I'd told my partner about the previous game in our pre-game and said if there was a need for a T on the H head coach he - my partner - should do it unless I had no choice).

Long story short, we eventually had to eject one of H's assistants and H's head coach and called Ts on two of his players. All that in a game where nothing was happening the first 16 minutes. Sometimes that's life.