Thread: Foot Stomp
View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 08, 2012, 10:39am
Official Forum Member

Foot Stomp

Had this unusual play last night. Two big man battling most of the 1st quarter; I had been trying to talk them out of fouls during this quarter. Most of the contact that occured seemed legal to me, although it was definitely physical.

As it became mre physical during the 2nd quarter, I realized it was Team A's player that was the knucklehead in our group. It became apparent that he was less of a basketball player than the other big man, he was just physical.

On this particular play, I was the L and I noticed that Team A5 ran down on offense and just stepped on Team B5's foot. I yelled at him to get his foot up. I had no doubt he tried to step on his foot. But I couldn't think of a way to penalize. Would have been a hard sell as an offensive foul. Would have been harder as an intentional. Couldn't go unsporting as it involved contact.

With the game being physical, I felt it probably warranted a whistle, because it could have very easily lead to a retaliation, but didn't blow one as I couldn't think of any actual rule he broke.

Any help would be appreciated.