Thread: batwarmer
View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 08, 2012, 12:57am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Tyler View Post
Yeah, pretty much. When it's what we call cold here, the wind is usually blowing hard out the north or northwest, and the humidity is higher. We get a wet cold most the time. With global warming, winter is almost a thing of the past here.

I wear shorts most the year, and very seldom a jacket. Mostly a long sleeve t-shirt with some pants, usually just a pair of workout pullovers. I'm not out in it as often as I used to be. The only time I need to dress warm is if I'll be out in the colder weather for an extended time, or the wind is blowing.

We very seldom get down under 40% humidity in our cold season. In the bottoms, the air is cooler at night depending on the time of year. In the Red River Valley which is close to the Texas/Oklahoma state line. You can go to bed at 10:00 PM with a window open and no cover. About 2:00 AM, you will wake up shivering, and need a sheet and a blanket. We get about six months of summer. Throw in a summer of drought, and it's even hotter.

Humidity is a b*tch. I was out in Phoenix at the end of October with temps in the low 90's, and I didn't break into the same type sweat if it was the low 90's here. In fact, I probably over-hydrated. We finished playing ball on a Saturday night, and started driving back about noon Sunday (MST in Arizona as they don't use DST there). I had to stop to pee at about every truck stop from Phoenix to the New Mexico state line.
The "no" referred to the idea that colder air is thinner. Where you are, it makes no difference.