Thread: player control
View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 07, 2012, 02:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMetFan View Post
So this is me becoming the Devil's Advocate: if the thrower and defender are that close that the thrower is able to push the defender, one of two things has happened:

1. The thrower has moved too far forward during the throw-in, which is a violation (I'm basing this on the throw-in taking place at any time other than after a made/awarded field goal or free throw).
2. The defender has moved too close to the thrower, in which case it's a warning or technical foul on the defense.

I can't see it happening in a situation where a team can run the endline - though I guess it could - because the thrower can run away from the defender.
It'd be very easy for my situation to occur...the defender can get right up to the throw-in plane, and the thrower can get close enough and still reach out without stepping inbounds. You just never see this play because a thrower's natural inclination when pressured like above is to step back away from the pressure rather than try to create more space.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.