View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 31, 2003, 10:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Zebra1
Just wondering what the deal was with the back court violation in this game. Ball being taken OOB in front court on baseline. Inbounded towards division line. Player jumps from front court, catches the ball, then lands in the back court. T calls over and back. C comes over to "overrule" or whatever they were talking about. Then they go to the AP arrow. The ball was clearly in MSU possesion. I don't see why they would go to the AP arrow for, what the announcers called, an inadvertent whistle. Just curious what The Board thought.

Great intentional foul call at the end of the game for those who saw it. I thought it was funny. Not sure who fouled, maybe a freshman mistake.
I think it is discussed in another thread, but here is what happened. T incorrectly called a backcourt violation, they convened and ruled it an inadvertent whistle and gave the ball back to Mich St., no AP was used but one of the guys at the table either switched the arrow or called them over to make sure the arrow was right when they had a jump ball a couple of minutes later. This confused the announcers, which in the infamous words of Goober, Surprise, Surprise, Surpirse...

My question is: How are you working an elite eight game and don't know this rule, do you not frequent officialforum.com