View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 05, 2012, 01:45pm
Esteemed Forum Member

The Most Rewarding Flavor In This Man's World ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Zebra View Post
Does it taste the same as the 70's? Some of my fondest memories are of stealing my old man's rusty cans of Schaefer from the basement when I was 16.
I actually switched to Schaefer after my Dad passed away. He was a regular Schaefer drinker, and when I was little, he always used to let me take a sip. After he died, I spotted some Schaefer in my local package store, that's what we call them here in the Land Of Steady Habits (of course, being in the Land of Steady Habits, I didn't spot these six packs on a Sunday). I didn't think that it was sold anymore, not seeing any of those those great Schaefer commercials on television during sporting events for several years, but there those six packs were, sitting on the shelf. They say that your sense of smell connects directly to the memory part of your brain. They're right. Every time I open up, and drink, a cold one, I think fondly of my Dad, especially after mowing the lawn on a hot summer day, and sitting, and relaxing, on the front stoop.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Feb 05, 2012 at 07:18pm.