View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 30, 2003, 11:12pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee

If you go back and read the posts ,you will note that I am telling you exactly what the rulebooks-NFHS and NCAA-say.Nothing more-nothing less.I have not told you,or anyone else,how you should personally call it,or how I would personally call it.
OK

Quote:

If you want to ignore both these rulebooks,be my guest.Call it any way that you want to.I could care less.That was never my point.The original point that you made that I responded to was YOUR assertion that this play was NOT covered in the casebook.It is covered explicitly,and I gave you the rules citations to prove it-both FED & NCAA.

In the NF Rulebook it is a comment, not a specific play. The comment basically says that you should apply screening principles to a dribbler. The NCAA Reference is what it is. Calling 3 seconds in the lane was a new rule this year when an interrupted dribble is taking place. I was told by two college assignors to not make this an issue. But then again, I guess I should be a maverick and call this anyway. It is in the rulebook?

Quote:

JeffRef's original post was correct,by rule.Do you dispute that? If you do,please cite the rules that will back your dissent up.My assertation is that the plays that I cited back Jeff up.
I do not dispute anything having to do with the rule or where it is located. My dispute or assertion is that this is not only hard to sell, but not good common sense. Because in your own words, everything has to be lined up perfectly in order to make this call in the first place. Not because I said so, because it would take the judgement (and this is important here) I would have to consider all these things to happen perfectly to make this call. And all I ever said was I would not be the one to make this call. And I would do whatever to not make this call. Just like a multiple foul (and no one seems to want to address this) happens almost every single game I have ever officiated, and I do not see you talking about, "Well it is in the rulebook. How can you deny it is in the rulebook?" But as I said before, everything in the rulebook, National Federation or NCAA, does not mean you should go out of your way to call it. It was not called in this particular NCAA Men's Regional Final, but I do not hear you talking about the officials did not know the rule. I do not hear you being condesending to the officials that did not make this call in a game we all had a chance to see on National Television. But you want to say, "I gotcha" to prove something you claim you do not care about. My only point was that this was a stretch. And when I read both citations in the rulebook, I still feel that it is a stretch to call this. If you think this is proper call it, but I am not.

Peace