View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 30, 2003, 10:24pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee

In my experience,the play that you are describing above very rarely has parallel,STRAIGHT LINE paths,which is the situation that JeffRef described originally.The defender usually alters their path while playing defense,or is approaching the dribbler at an angle(even if it is slight),which bring the "guarding" principles into play over the "screening" principles.

If you have to go to that extreme to explain the situation to justify how good of a call this is, then you need to leave it alone.
If you go back and read the posts ,you will note that I am telling you exactly what the rulebooks-NFHS and NCAA-say.Nothing more-nothing less.I have not told you,or anyone else,how you should personally call it,or how I would personally call it.If you want to ignore both these rulebooks,be my guest.Call it any way that you want to.I could care less.That was never my point.The original point that you made that I responded to was YOUR assertion that this play was NOT covered in the casebook.It is covered explicitly,and I gave you the rules citations to prove it-both FED & NCAA.

JeffRef's original post was correct,by rule.Do you dispute that? If you do,please cite the rules that will back your dissent up.My assertation is that the plays that I cited back Jeff up.