Thread: Charge???
View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 01, 2012, 02:53pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
Agreed, but I work a lot of 1A and 2A girls ball, and even at the varsity level it seems there are one or two girls on the floor at all times for various reasons. I encounter contact with a player on the floor serval times a season so it does come up. I'm curious on your view changes is a situation in which...

A1 is an airborn shooter and comes into contact with, and is put at a disadvantage by, B1 who is getting up off the floor after ending up there for God knows what reason. We don't have a legal guarding position, and the player isn't stationary despite remaining in the general space on the floor they occupy. Would you then have a block?
Probably. I was about to make an argument that the player has not lost LGP, but I'm not sure what I think about that yet. (what has a player on the floor done to lose LGP?) If a player without LGP is rising into a defender, it's likely a block. But, that said, that's only if the contact wouldn't have happened without the attempt to get up. If A1 is landing on B1 regardless, it's a charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7IronRef View Post
But in the play the defender flopped (according to some) and had taken himself out of the play and is already no longer participating in normal movement.
If you think the player tried to fake a foul, warn or call the T. Otherwise, he got to the floor legally.