View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 05, 2000, 08:18am
Official Forum Member

It seems this Board is rather quiet lately but Eteamz has been hopping - maybe it runs in cycles. On Eteamz there is a real good dialogue concerning the Appeal process using OBR.

I would like to know what the FED interpretation of the Appeal Process using the following sitch:

Sitch - runners at corners 1 out B1 hits to F6 for a 6-4-3 DP. However, when F6 flips to F4 to get r1, r1 beats play but misses base - whats the call? If r3 scores do we count the run?

On the Eteamz Board concerning OBR - the terminology "relaxed" vs. unrelaxed" action resurfaces because r1 is allowed to try and correct his mistake.

Jaks / Roder was quoted on that Board saying that if R1 "is in the vincinity of the bag" he should not be called out by "Force" but must be tagged in order for the defense to record the out, this now becomes a time play for the purpose of scoring runs.

Rather than re-invent the wheel, I encourage all to visit Eteamz to view all the dialogue conerning Appeals.

So my question, what's the FED interpretation of the Appeal Process cocerning the above play or something similiar in nature?

Thanks

Pete Booth