View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 25, 2012, 11:36pm
Official Forum Member

Point of Interruption

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
If the official sounds the whistle while the try is in flight and the try is not successful, the POI rule forces the game to be resumed with the AP arrow after correcting the error of failing to award the 1-1. This possibility is another one besides Team A gets the rebound or Team B gets the rebound.
I would have the lane cleared for the 1-1 and then resume with the AP arrow from the nearest OOB spot on the end line.

I would tend to agree on this one...especially since if there is a 'miss' on the shot as the whistle is blown then the results of the 'missed shot' - i.e. who gets possession is immaterial. The AP would then come into play after the 1:1 is implemented for Team B.

The question is - would the horn be treated the same way? I would think so, especially if the referee were to follow up the horn with the whistle so in reality there really would be no 'rebound' possession in this scenario on a 'miss'? For the most part the 2 teams probably would cease activity w/the whistle being blown.

Agreed ?