View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 25, 2012, 07:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd41flpk View Post
BadNewsRef.....agreed here are the further points for (b) and thanks....

Scenario #1: Team member B1 now takes a shot and as the ball is in the air the 'horn sounds' to get the officials attention to alert them to the 'correctable error' that Team B is now in the Bonus....Results: Horn does not 'deaden the ball'....(a) if the ball goes in the basket, the basket counts and the pt of interruption is Team A taking the 1:1 w/no one lined up and after the shots Team B gets the ball. (b) if the shot misses and the referee blows the whistle to stop play - (i) Team A gets the rebound - then Team B is awarded the 1:1 w/no players on the line and Team A gets the 'spot' throw-in after the shots (ii) OR Team B gets the rebound - then the teams line up for the correctable error free throws by Team B and play at that point of interruption off of the results of the free throws.
Scenario #2: Same scenario as # 1 only now its the official blowing the whistle rather than the 'horn sounding'. Results: all the same?

Let me know if (b.i) and (b.ii) make sense? Thanks for asking the clarification
If the official sounds the whistle while the try is in flight and the try is not successful, the POI rule forces the game to be resumed with the AP arrow after correcting the error of failing to award the 1-1. This possibility is another one besides Team A gets the rebound or Team B gets the rebound.
I would have the lane cleared for the 1-1 and then resume with the AP arrow from the nearest OOB spot on the end line.