View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 24, 2012, 01:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
It is pretty easy to tell when they release the ball without looking at it...it goes flying through the air. There is nothing that requires precise info on the timing of the release.
5 seconds to release the throw-in?

Quote:
Most throwers are not that close to the line, you don't have anything to watch until they get near the line.
And how exactly am I supposed to know their close when I'm not watching them?

Quote:
Behind and to the side. I'm not standing to their side.

In 2-man, you have to make compromises to get the best coverage....when the ball is that wide (outside the 3-point line) the best spot for the lead is just inside the 3-point line. You can see most likely OOB situations from there just fine...even if you can't get all the way to the line....and you can get out there just fine when you need to...it is only 2-3 steps. It is really no different than having a ball in the post (you're not going to be in the corner to cover that) that gets kicked out to a player spotting up in the corner. You've got to hustle to cover both, but in 2-man, that is what you have to do.
I agree with this, but I think it dictates staying outside of the thrower and being ready to hustle back in.

I get the general impression that most of you are working gyms with much more space behind the endlines than I work. I usually can't get more than half a step further back than the thrower and I never have a thrower more than a half-step from the boundary line.