View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 24, 2012, 01:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastshire View Post
We also need to know when the pass in released. I'm not talking about staring at the thrower, but if you can't see him, you aren't doing the job properly. And I don't buy that you're going to pick up on the player stepping on the line if you're not watching the thrower.
It is pretty easy to tell when they release the ball without looking at it...it goes flying through the air. There is nothing that requires precise info on the timing of the release.

Most throwers are not that close to the line, you don't have anything to watch until they get near the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastshire View Post
It's harder to get the the sideline because there is a player between you and where you need to be. I don't know about you, but I haven't figure out how to successfully move through a player.
Behind and to the side. I'm not standing directly to their side.

In 2-man, you have to make compromises to get the best coverage....when the ball is that wide (outside the 3-point line) the best spot for the lead is just inside the 3-point line. You can see most possible sideline OOB situations from there just fine...even if you can't get all the way to the line....and you can get out there just fine when you need to...it is only 2-3 steps. It is really no different than having a ball in the post (you're not going to be in the corner to cover that) that gets kicked out to a player spotting up in the corner. You've got to hustle to cover both, but in 2-man, that is what you have to do.

Last edited by Camron Rust; Tue Jan 24, 2012 at 01:13pm.