View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 17, 2012, 06:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebo2526 View Post
Thanks! I found it after posting while doing a little searching. My apologies for not doing that first.

We had a near fiasco due to stoppage of play immediately and an ensuing 4 on 1 break because of an injured player. He was against the wall of his own basket so not in immediate danger but if I understand it right, play can be stopped if the referee deemed it serious enough? Any guidelines for faking an injury? My guess is he would have to be very quick witted to pull this off but I'm thinking this is exactly what happened. Jumped back up and never left the game, our ball OOB half court.

This is all the info I need to set a few parents straight. Bad judgement maybe, but not a bad call?
Unless blood is gushing form his/her body or something else entirely obvious, not much is going to happen in the 3-5 seconds it takes for the fast break to occur. I will not stop the game for an injury immediately if the other team has a clear scoring opportunity unless the injured player is directly in harms way.