View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 16, 2012, 04:40pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to IUgrad92
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Did you say no evidence? You are saying you can see no contact made by Blue at all with confidence?

Dude, I get that you might disagree, but many people questioned whether we had a foul or anything called before the offensive player reacted. It would matter as to the nature of the fouls being called. If you and others want to go flagrant foul, I am OK with that. I just want more of an angle to decide. Sorry, my experience tells me you do not make decisions without a larger view of the story. And there must have been something to discuss as the calling official and another official come together and apparently do not eject anyone from the game. There must have been a debate about something.

Peace
Yep, no evidence. If you don't have a good enough angle to determine if it was a shove verses a punch, then you don't have a good enough angle to claim that there was contact made by Blue. At 6 seconds into the clip is when B24 swipes down at the ball. If you pause it there, you cannot see the ball, W24's hands, or B24's left hand that is swiping down. Maybe she got all ball??? We can't tell, L can't see it, C doesn't have the best angle either.

However, the shot to the head is clear. We all see plenty of 'tie ups' and arms flying around, hands slapping together, etc., but you don't see this type of play often. It's pretty clear that this was targetted contact to the head. So to say 'I would have a flagrant foul every week', inferring that you see this type of play every week is disingenuous.

The crew did get together and kept the player in the game. We don't know the experience level of crew however. We do know that C gave a technical (made the T sign) to W24, which is an incorrect mechanic for that play. A sign of inexperience? Maybe, maybe not.

Do what you need to do Jeff. You've been around a long time and are well respected in your state. I just want to make sure that the younger officials on this board realize that the penalty for contact to the head, as made in this OP, should not be dependent on what may have happened seconds prior to it.