View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 25, 2003, 11:37am
Official Forum Member

A home run includes more than just hitting the ball over the fence. A home run also includes touching all the bases in the proper order and this touching is the easy part.

No pressure. No defense. No worries. No hurry. Stutter step but make sure you touch them all. Jump and stomp on them if you want.

Your partner could easily make it obvious that he is watching this activity by running along-side and even making an under his breath comment "Make sure you touch 2nd!" I personally would never make that comment if I felt the run was important but in this case it was not (I get the feeling from the original post that the Home Team is obviously out-manned - down by 9 runs in the 5th. Home player is ecstatic about her hit.)

Don't scream too loud Mike. I recognize your anal tendencies and know that what I am suggesting is well outside the rules. Personnally, I wouldn't find this little bit of coaching to be near the chip in integrity as I would lying about a call that needed to be made (Saying he didn't see her miss the base when he had - I don't want to work with this guy.)

I recommend that during a game, two seconds of quietly playing the part of a coach can avert a career of resentment and prevent permanent loss of integrity. It could possibly anger one coach if you are very obvious (probably not in this situation) but will probably gain you respect with the other. JMHO