Thread: No T for me
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 11, 2012, 07:38am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachP View Post
Girls JV last night, I am asst. coach. Close game but I leave the bench after the 3rd quarter to get my varsity ready.
Come back out of the locker room to a tie score. Sit in the stands opposite table and benches.

Home team makes a FT to go up by one under 30 seconds to play. We (visitors) shoot, miss, home going the other way. I don't know why, but home runs their offense and takes some wild shot attempt on the first pass. Good for us though. We get the rebound and get fouled with 10.6 seconds. B1 is shooting 1-1.

The first FT wedges between the iron and backboard. Arrow is pointing to home team. So, A1 on the endline inbounds and 4 seconds go off the clock and we get a held ball with B2 and A2. Our ball under our basket now with 6 seconds to go, right? Wrong. R1 lines up the HOME team. I'm now yelling "IT'S BLUE BALL BLUE BALL, THE ARROW IS WRONG!!!" to the trail (2 man).

He stops play before the inbound happens and both referees confer at the table. After a minute or so, they set back up with the home team getting the inbound again. Lose by 1.

I was soooooo tempted to go back around to the bench and try to straighten it out when they started to line up but did not want to risk a T.

If I would have made it around the endline in time, would anyone here have T'd me up? (Our JV coach didn't know the rule either)

After the game, I did head to towards the referee door to ask what they discussed at the table. (they were still in the gym and there were NO issues during the game). I was too late, the Varsity officials were already giving them the business!
Did you explain why the arrow was wrong?

IIWY, I'd write into the official's association. That's a huge error at the end of the game.