View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 10, 2012, 01:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
Same as the "hit the backboard so my partner called GT" thread of a couple of weeks ago. If you see it clearly, go in and ask "what do you have?" See if it leads to a rules discussion. OTherwise, let it go.
This is excellent advice. Unfortunately, in the heat of the game and without more than a few seconds to "discuss" the rule interpretations, most officials who think they know the rule (but don't) will not listen to any kind of reasoning at all and you can't just stand there and argue. Then it's time to let it go and talk in the locker room.

As far as the OP throwing his partner under the bus, he ended up throwing himself under there as well. I would try and say something along the lines of "I'll talk to my partner about it when I have a chance" and not agree or disagree with what he called, would be sufficient to satisfy the coach and get out of there before you had to admit anyone kicked anything. But that's a tough scenario to find yourself in. That's one of those things that separates the men from the boys...