View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 10, 2012, 01:14pm
Eschew obfuscation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toren View Post
Right before the Christmas break, I was working a game with Tref. I was the C in transition and Tref was the new T. There is some minor full court pressure, so I'm step sliding up the court, then I hear it "BAM" or it could have been a "POWWOW" or some such sound. My first thought is, "I hope we didn't just miss some serious contact"...I frantically look for the cause of the noise.

Our new L had taken a nose dive. He is a middle aged guy, roughly 35ish (is that really middle aged?), and there was nobody around him, he just fell on his own. Of course, the fans had a good laugh at his expense. That was the first time I had seen an official just fall on their own
Last year I was working a NCAAW D3 game, and I was the C in transition. We were moving up the court in preparation for a fast break, and I heard a loud, "BANG" from underneath the basket. Of course, I quickly looked to see what the noise was, and it was the new lead... he had ran too far and caught the bleachers!

Luckily, he was turned just enough that he was able to take a seat on the first row (unoccupied), and sat down right next to an elderly gentleman who just about threw his bag of popcorn in the air. It was pretty danged funny, and I still give him crap about it when I work with him.