Thread: Double foul
View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 24, 2003, 01:10pm
Official Forum Member

I agree whole heartedly with not letting it happen via discussion and discipline. To me though it is more palatable to have the double foul with the first scenario for this reason. I work almost exclusively two whistle game so I will comment with that in mind. Play comes at the lead, lead sees B1 move late into the path of A1, trail clearly and correctly sees A1 lead with the forearm. Both have the whistle (not good but it happens ) they get together and both have a foul, and to me it is possible that both players fouled. While in scenario two the problem is a difference in judgement between the officials, it just seems to me that it can't be both again I know what the case book says and I do agree if you end up that deep into the situation you should abide by it. I just wish the federation would change the case book interpretation. Now that not withstanding, take the case book away for a minute. Do you agree that it in reality is impossible to have a "blarge", that it is either one or the other, but from different officials may get different judgements? If you agree with that do you also agree that the federation should change the case book interpretation??