View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 05, 2012, 11:42am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastkidpicked View Post
Saw this happen at a middle school game, and just had to share it with you.

Running late, the second official comes into the gym. Although I couldn't hear what was going on, it was obvious that this official was called at the last minute to help out.

Visiting coach had a bad attitude from the very beginning. Contempt for our kids, contempt for our small town gym, just a bad attitude. He was taking it out on everybody almost from the start.

Halftime comes around and the second official and visiting coach happen to meet at the water fountain at the same time. Visiting coach makes some remark and official walks away and starts putting on his jacket. Both coaches see this and ask what's going on.

Official calmly zips up his jacket and says, "I was fixing a fence when you called me to help out, and I believe my tools are right where I left them. I can still finish before dark." And starts walking away!

Both coaches literally BEGGED him to stay and finish the game! It was great! He did stay and both coaches were a lot less lippy after that.

My question for you:
What is the best line you have ever heard from an official (or line that you have personally used)?
If I'm volunteering somewhere, and I get treated like a POS, you can bet I'm going to consider leaving. I'm not a door mat.

Recent studies have shown that people have more respect 99 cents apps than the free apps. The same goes for officiating. Pay the guys just $10 an hour if costs are an issue. Then there will be more respect for officials.