Thread: "I told you!"
View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 05, 2012, 07:34am
Esteemed Forum Member

I'm A Funny Guy, But I Won't Quit My Day Job ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toren View Post
Sometimes we get so caught up in doing the job at hand that we forget it's a game, and we forget to enjoy the moment.
Catholic middle school game a few nights ago. Blowout girls game, but both teams seem to be having fun, the way it's supposed to be. Best player gets fouled in the act of shooting. Just a touch foul, but it was a foul. Defender says to shooter, "Sorry", loud enough for everyone to hear. While they're lining up for free throw, I say to the girls, "There's no crying in baseball, and there's no sorry in basketball". Everybody gives this a little laugh, except the free throw shooter, who is laughing so hard that she misses everything on her first free throw. Same shooter, who, later in the game rushed her free throw with five seconds left in the period, also an air ball. I asked her why she rushed her shot, and she answered that she didn't want the clock to run down. I told her that the clock stopped for fouls, and which point everybody had a good laugh.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)