Thread: "I told you!"
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 04, 2012, 08:21am
Lighten up, Francis.

"I told you!"

D2 college game last night, good game and close for 35 minutes. During pregame warm-ups, A1 is taking circus-type lay-ups. He jumps from the left side of the basket, brings the ball down to his feet, and throws it up on the right side of the basket with wicked spin. He's making about half of them. After one of these, my partner (the R) catches his eye and says something like "Bet you don't take those in the game, right?" And the kid says, "Oh, I'm gonna make 'em!"

About 2 minutes left in the first half and the same kid drives to the basket from the left side. He jumps in between 3 defenders, brings the ball down to his feet, throws the ball practically over his shoulder on the right side of the basket and -- of course, it goes in.

My partner and I look at each other. He's laughing and I just shake my head. When we come onto the court before the second half, the kid makes a bee-line for my partner. With a big old dexter-eating grin on his face, he says "I told you I was going to make it". The three of us just laughed. Fun moment.