Thread: Mich St / WIS
View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 03, 2012, 10:19pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhjordan23 View Post
What exactly is the rule in high school and college when a quarter or period ends? Assuming there is a clock above basket and LED light vs nothing at all.
Fed: 5-6-2
Each quarter or extra period ends when the signal illuminates or sounds indicating time has expired.

NCAA: 5-7-2
Each period shall end when the red light or LED lights have bcome activated. When the light fails to operate or is not visible, each period shall end with the sounding of the game-clock horn.

a. In games when the red light is not present, the game-clock horn shall terminate players' activity.

b. In games with a 10th-of-a-second game clock display and where an official courtside monitor is used, the reading of zeros on the game is to be used to determine whether a try for goal occurred before or after the expiration of time in any period. When the game clock is no visable, the officials shall verify the original call with the use of the red/LED light(s). WHen the red/LED light(s) are not visable, the sounding of the game-clock horn shall be used. When definitive information is unattainable with the use of the monitor, the orginal call stands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee View Post
I don't have my rule book in front of me but I believe the horn signals the end of the period.
See above.