View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 02, 2012, 11:25pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOracle View Post
From the film, there is malicious intent in every one of them. Individually, a couple of them may be regular fouls. In the context, they are all intentional, IMO, with one flagrant. Not one of them is a basketball play.

The school should be ashamed. So should the officials, but the film indicates they think everything was fine from their perspective. I wonder if the supervisor will pull games. Clearly, these guys cannot work at the high school level without strong supervision.
"In context?" WTH does that mean? You can't make the first call in context. They're two different players, and you can't punish #42's hard foul based on #34's previous fouls.

Assuming these were all in order, #34 would have been gone (flagrant) after his third foul. The first one was borderline intentional (not flagrant at all, by itself) and I may not have gone with an intentional that quickly. But his second one would be inentional and I would have easily gone flagrant by his third. It's possible I would have gone flagrant on his second one, he's going right through the opponent and not really even paying attention.

#42's two-hand shove with full extension is easily an intentional, but his first foul is just a hard foul.